Serving Liquor in FloridaSuppose you’re getting ready to open your establishment in Florida whether it’s a restaurant, a bar, or a storefront. In that case, you probably have one fundamental question: how do you get a liquor license in time for your grand opening? This is an important question to ask, and we have some beneficial information for you. The first step is to figure out which type of liquor license you need, as there are a few different ones available. While you can obtain a permit through a Florida liquor license application, this process can be time-consuming, confusing, and frustrating. The other option is to seek out the help of professional services, like ours, which we will cover later in this article. For the moment, let’s examine the types of licenses so that you know exactly what you’re looking for.

A Look at the Florida Liquor License Types

The type of license that you obtain depends on the kind of business that you are running, so you should consider the following:

  • 4Cop-SRX
    • Type: Restaurants
      4Cop licenses cover restaurants that sell beer, wine, and spirits. However, you must meet specific criteria to be considered, for example, you must be an establishment covering 2,500+ square feet, and you need to be under a permanent cover. Unlike other types of Florida licenses, there is no limit placed on the number of 4COP-SRXs that can be handed out in a county at any given time. If this is the license that your establishment needs, do remember that most counties/cities prohibit package alcohol sales, meaning you must serve it in a glass, cup, or another acceptable container.
  • 4-Cop Quota
      • Type: Bars
        Opening any of the following establishments calls for this type of license:
      • Bars
      • Taverns
      • Nightclubs

    You will notice that these types of establishments do not typically meet the space requirements of the SRX license. The term ‘quota’ implies that this license is limited per county with an extension every time the population increases by 7,500. The lack of licenses from the county does not always mean that there are none available, however. It just means that you may need to contact a private seller and pay a slightly higher price. Additionally, it is possible to obtain one through a lottery which your county can fill you in on.

  • 2Cop Liquor License
    • Type: Small Restaurants
      A license like this is intended for those who wish to sell only beer and wine on premises, so you’ll find it commonly used in sandwich
      shops or small restaurants. This license type, unlike those previously mentioned, allows for the package sale of beer and wine as long as the containers are sealed. Additionally, there are no restrictions on the number of 2COP licenses available in any county in Florida.
  • 2APS
    • Type: Gas Stations/Convenience Stores/Supermarkets
      This type of liquor license is intended for beer and wine consumed off-premises. Gas stations and convenience stores are great examples, and they can be very economical as the yearly license fee is generally under $200.

Tips for Getting Your License Quickly

Helping People Obtain Their Liquor Licenses in FloridaFirst and foremost, look at the type of licenses above and determine which one you need. Secondly, figure out the best and fastest way to get it. For example, if you want a quota license, you should consider looking into the yearly lottery but as we mentioned before there are other ways to go about getting a license as well. Our service, for example, has more than a decade of experience helping people obtain their licenses whether you want a highly coveted quota license or something a bit easier to get. When you work with us, you have the benefit of our experience; we can breeze through the paperwork and overcome any potential complications that you might face. Bottom line: when you want it done fast, go to the professionals to avoid common paperwork mistakes and to be ready for your grand opening. It’s easier than you think! Contact us today!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *